Monday 7 May 2012

Mini savoury muffins

Over the last few weeks, my daughter has become mostly uninterested in food. In an effort to get her to eat something, yesterday I baked a batch of 36 mini savoury muffins, some with ham, some with grated courgettes, and some with finely grated carrots. I used a basic cake recipe for the base (obviusly omitting the sugar), creaming together 200g butter with 3 eggs, added one at a time. I then added 25g grated parmesan, around 50g grated cheddar, and 100ml full fat milk. Then I folded 200g plain flour and 2 teaspoons baking powder (sifted beforehand) in the wet ingredients. I divided the mixture into 3 bowls (around 250g of batter in each bowl). In one bowl I added around 70g finely chopped ham, in another around 70g finely grated courgettes, and in the last bowl around 70g finely grated carrots. I put heaped teaspoonfuls of the batter in a non-stick mini tartlet pan and baked for approximately 12-15 minutes in a preheated 180 degrees Celsius oven.


They smelled gorgeous whilst baking and are very tasty, especially still warm from the oven. However, I am not expecting my daughter to go through 36 muffins in a few days, so they are now stored in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment